Free shipping on orders over $50
Who loves this cold weather? Yeah, neither.
As well as causing us to seek shelter under the covers or in front of the fire or heat-pump (which can be nice from time to timeespecially if combined with a nice glass of red and someone special! ;) )
However, winter can really screw up our health, which has a direct effect on our hair, skin and nails.
Why is winter such a bummer?
Other than the fact we can't really enjoy the beach, barbeques or bikinis (if you are a person who enjoys bikinis ;) )
- We tend to drink less water when it's not so warm (unless you are super disciplined!). This can obviously lead to dehydration. In addition to this, having the air conditioning/heat pump constantly on can cause the moisture in our skin to dry out which can aggravate both existing skin issues, or even mess up skin that is usually considered 'normal'.
- The cold winter air can also cause dryness to your hair, skin and nails. (We can't win!! ) Nails and hair can become brittle, causing more breakage than normal.
- We get way less sunshine, so our levels of vitamin D go way down, which can cause a whole range of issues including:
1. Weight gain
2. Fatigue and generalized weakness
3. Muscle cramps and weakness
4. Joint pain (most noticeable in the back and knees)
5. Lowered immunity
6. Mood changes and irritability
Okay, so you get it, winter really can be a bummer!
So how can using Jeuneora supplements help?
Taking an oral dose of hydrolysed collagen peptides can help increase the hydration of skin helping it to feel and look more 'dewy'. In addition to this, collagen strengthens and smoothes the skin by supporting collagen production, which can help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Increasing hydration in the body also helps to keep nail beds and hair follicles healthier and less prone to damage.
Studies have shown that supplementation with hydrolysed collagen peptides can help to reduce stress and day time fatigue as well as assisting in better sleep. This is largely due to their amino-acid structure, which includes glycine (for sleep), glutamate (learning, memory and brain health), and arginine (wound healing, reduced blood pressure, hormone release, and immune function).
Increasing Vitamin C
All our marine collagen supplements contain vitamin C. Vitamin C is also used by the body to make collagen so it’s one of the most important nutrients for building healthy tissue. As well as this, vitamin C is vital for our immune systems, and helping to ward off winter nasties.
These are just a few of the main functions of high quality pure marine collagen such as Jeuneora Renew+ , Hair, Skin, Nails Capsules, or AquaGlow. All our marine collagen supplements also contain large doses of vitamin C, which not only assists in the absorption of collagen, but is also excellent for boosting immunity during winter.
So, there's no need to suffer through the cold and dark months of the year! With a combination of regular water consumption, a little bit of exercise, and a daily scoop of Renew+ or AquaGlow (or Hair Skin Nails Capsules) you'll should be feeling tip top in your Ugg boots and Puffer Jacket.
10 Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms You Can Identify Yourself - University Health News
Photos via Stock Snap